Our client, an Am Law 100 firm, is seeking an eDiscovery Attorney with an emphasis on document review. The ideal candidates will have 8 years of experience supporting discovery needs for diverse clients in large, complex litigation matters, with the ability to manage discovery from start to finish.
- Investigate and develop a substantive understanding of assigned matters.
- Complete document review projects including quality checks, fact-development support, privilege review and logging.
- Summarize review progress and substantive findings in document sets including alerting merits counsel to key evidence, detecting deficiencies in collections and productions and highlighting relevant facts in support of investigations, preparation of witness kits and other projects as assigned and supervised by firm attorneys.
- Consult on the design of managed review projects and supporting workflows including best use of technology and process.
- Coordinate review team onboarding, training and management including drafting review protocols and other guidance. In coordination with firm attorneys, provide review teams substantive feedback on performance and provide re-training where needed.
- Define, assess, track and report key metrics, quality standards, decisions and changes in scope to ensure reviews are completed on time, with appropriate quality checks and within budget.
- Coordinate activities and communications related to review work-streams including: partnering with internal project managers, analysts, paralegals and attorneys; setting agendas and running project meetings; and determining project requirements, schedules and deliverables.
- Contribute to departmental publications, presentations and documentation creation. Train, QC and update case teams and department as required.
- Provide hands-on support in Relativity and other litigation technology toolsets for a variety of requests, including: advanced search design, implementation and validation; creation and support of document review batching and production workflows; privilege log design and management.
- Perform final quality control and assurance on deliverables to case teams, clients and third parties.
- Consult with case team members on the use of customized litigation support apps and tools.
- Support the execution of special projects.
- Apply firm standards in both technology and practices as identified by Firm leadership and guided by an Associate Director.
Candidates need a strong combination of the following - consulting, review support, project management and technical experience, capabilities and knowledge.
- Thorough knowledge of the litigation lifecycle and eDiscovery processes.
- A minimum of 8 years of experience supporting the design and management of complex document review projects including management of contract attorneys, use of analytics, review and reporting of key performance and progress metrics.
- Substantial experience with Relativity and proficient ability to review documents, maximize efficiencies in the tool, and perform defensible searches.
- Ability to effectively liaise with multiple case teams, clients, litigation support teams, document review services and vendors, to define the project’s scope, goals and objectives and develop efficient plans for achieving these tasks.
- A minimum of 7 years of hands-on experience with leading eDiscovery review platforms with an emphasis on complex search construction and results validation, design of optimized review workflows including document batching.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience supporting early case assessment steps to defensibly cull document volumes and identify potential gaps in data collections or incoming productions an emphasis on the use of CAL/CMML and other techniques for deduplication, email threading, review prioritization, sampling, production quality control, privilege identification and other predictive models.
- Juris Doctorate (JD) required.
- Ability to adapt to unexpected changes in review protocols, deadlines and case teams. Be a team player that can navigate difficult deadlines and work well with many internal and external colleagues.
- Ability to express thoughts, ideas and information in a clear and compelling manner by highlighting critical points, adjusting messaging to suit the audience, addressing questions and points from others with appropriate responses.
- Ability to identify problems by detecting patterns or connections, researching and analyze problems, determining alternative solutions and creating action steps to solve the problem.
- Ability to think and act quickly, effectively, and appropriately in a variety of situations, solving problems while balancing time, quality, cost and risk.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a cross-office team, building relationships, delegating working and escalating risk appropriately.
- Willingness and ability to identify gaps, propose solutions and take ownership of projects.