Our client is expanding their Houston based Forensics team and searching for an experienced consultant. The ideal candidate will have not only collections expertise but also analysis and expert witness experience.
The Consultant will be responsible for assisting the Director of Forensics with activities such as investigation and litigation support, development and implementation of specific forensic related training, and general technology upgrade assessments and refresh of the forensic tools and equipment. The Consultant is expected to work collaboratively with other team members from a positive, proactive and mission-first perspective.
Essential Job Functions:
· Assist the Director of Forensics in assessing and updating processes, procedures and tools to conform to accreditation standards in support of litigations and evolving Digital Forensics requirements and standards.
· Conduct computer forensics collection, preservation and analysis of electronic information media, as required, for litigation, investigation and eDiscovery support. Must include Windows, Mac OSx, iOS and Android platforms.
· Coordinate with Forensics, eDiscovery, and technical staff to maintain knowledge of operations, standards and current installation methods, systems implementations, and planned upgrades.
· Perform analysis of electronic systems, media, and logs, respond to incidents as appropriate, using forensic analysis tools.
· Provide support for planning and implementation of new information security systems, practices, and procedures, in line with internal security guidelines.
· Assist in developing content and tools, and in conducting security and forensic process and procedures training programs for other team members, departments, etc.
· Monitor security and forensics related notifications, standards, and mailing lists, for developments, evidentiary issues and vulnerability alerts; conduct periodic security access and vulnerability evaluation tests, as directed.
· Assist the Director of Forensics in writing declarations. Affidavits and/or reports for use in investigations and court proceedings.
Knowledge Skills Abilities:
· In-depth knowledge of computer forensics processes, procedures, and tools, to include current best practices and legal documentation standards.
· In-depth knowledge of the generally accepted computer forensics software tools, their characteristics strengths and capabilities for applicable case requirements.
· Experience with a variety of Investigative and Forensic analysis tools.
· Experience with Windows systems security.
· Ability to communicate complex technical information to people in non-technical terms, excellent written and oral skills.
· Basic knowledge of NT and Windows based systems administration, authentication systems, and cryptography concepts.
· Travel required (Estimated: 15 percent based on investigation, litigation and awareness project requirements).
· Skilled in the use of Microsoft Office productivity tools (Word, Excel, Visio, and Project) to produce documentation that may be used in an investigation or court of law.
· Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing to any level of the organization in a clear and concise manner.
· Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships at all levels of the organization and work in a matrixed environment.
· Experience and Certification in other related security areas (physical, control systems, business continuity, network security, etc.) is a plus.
· Experience with preparing affidavits, formal statements, giving depositions, presentations and/or testimony in court is a plus.
· Experience and Certification in Windows, AIX, Linux, or other System and Network technologies is a plus.
· Programming skills in languages such as C, C++, Java, Python, Perl, etc. are preferred.
Certified Computer Examiner (CCE)
EnCase Certified Examiner (EnCE)
GIAC Certified Forensic Examiner (GCFE)
Certified Forensic Computer Examiner (CFCE)
Magnet Certified Forensics Examiner (MCFE)
GIAC Certified Forensic Analyst (GCFA)
Cellebrite Certified Operator (CCO)
Cellebrite Certified Physical Analyst (CCPA), or similar digital forensics certifications.