Our client, a prominent Am Law 100 firm, is seeking an Information Governance (IG) & eDiscovery Consultant to lead and manage eDiscovery, IG, and related technology consulting projects. The ideal candidate will have extensive experience supporting complex projects at a consulting firm, in-house legal team, or at Am Law 100 law firm. This person will work with firm leadership and attorneys to lead and manage eDiscovery, Information Governance, and related technology consulting projects.
- Ability to determine, document, and recommend options in support of client efforts to identify and address eDiscovery and information governance needs, including system mapping, data preservation, collection strategies, records management workflows, defensible disposition, and technology selection, and implementation.
- Lead and manage the delivery of projects through facilitation of fact-gathering sessions and assessment of client policies, systems, and processes to align with industry standards and legal guidance.
- Provide clients with objective guidance and recommendations on service providers and new technologies.
- Ability to analyze and document application business functions and propose effective retention, litigation hold, and deletion protocols in line with client goals, capabilities, and environment.
- Experience in assessing and consulting on information governance needs associated with common enterprise data sources including M365, G Suite, Slack, ERP systems, CRM databases, cloud applications, mobile devices, and other employee-issued hardware.
- Experience with leading contract lifecycle management, matter management, or document management technologies.
- Experience collaborating and reaching consensus with common information governance stakeholder groups including client business teams, IT, information security, HR, records management, and legal teams.
- Thorough knowledge of the EDRM and IGRM lifecycles and related best practices.
- Hands-on experience leading complex legal technology implementations, advanced understanding of database setup, mapping, and extraction.
- Working knowledge of common data security, privacy, and records management standards, protocols, and regulations.
- Familiarity with computer forensic tools or techniques.
- Ability to utilize PowerShell, Python, and other scripting tools.
- 8 years of experience supporting complex projects at a consulting firm, in-house legal, or an Am Law 100 firm.
- Juris Doctorate (preferred).