Our client, a leading consulting and expert services firm, is searching for an experienced Managing Director (Midwest Business Development) to support the Midwest. This is a great opportunity to join a growing organization. Candidates need a track record of consistently selling $3m or more for several years.
- Candidates are expected to have an existing network of potential clients and experience cultivating new prospects from law firms and corporations.
- Educate clients and prospects regarding the full range of services via on-site client visits, conferences, events, etc.
- Increase revenue on current engagements by identifying opportunities to cross sell services.
- Develop and maintain the CRM and pipeline.
- Attend and participate in industry centric conferences and sponsored client events.
- Maintain appropriate post-sales/retention contact with clients to ensure quality assurance as well as solicitation of future business.
- Assist in the management of finances of each engagement including developing, documenting, and tracking project budgets, adjusting budgets as appropriate, communicating changes in budgets internally and to the client, and managing the revenue forecasting and invoicing process.
- Review and discuss expectations, anticipated scope of work, and project timeline with client and team.
- Mentor, lead, and delegate tasks to junior colleagues to support their training and professional development.
- Assist in the recruiting process.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- 12+ years of prior experience
- Track record of selling $3M over several years.
- Ability to interact confidently with colleagues and clients.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to manage time and tasks around intense deadlines.
- Ability to travel.